Principle behind Aeration
- “Aer’ate: “to oxygenate; to purify by exposure to air”
- To create an upward current to expose the bottom water to oxygen
Benefits of Aeration
- Toxic gases from the bottom (hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide and methane) are vented from the water to the atmosphere
- Rate of decomposition of fish feces and plant debris is increased 30 fold
- Reduces the rate of sedimentation at the pond bottom
- Algae causing phosphorous is greatly reduced
- Safe – no hazards to boaters or swimmers
- Improved fish health, improved water quality, so livestock will drink more
- Improved water clarity – better weight gain for livestock, good quality water for household use
- Greatly reduces the risk of West Nile Virus
Have a Question?
Ask our Technical Support Team.