Learn MoreFarm Pond Management by Steve Fender
Our gift to you: Receive a free Electronic copy of the award winning book by Steve Fender "Pond Management" The Common Sense GuideGet It Now!
Sign up today to receive our free E-Magazine, full of useful information if you are considering purchasing one of our natural pond care systems and products - the most sustainable way to clean and protect our ponds and other water bodies.Subscribe
3rd party study confirms that Koenders windmills have the best performance ratings in the industry!Read more About it
Principle behind Aeration
- “Aer’ate: “to oxygenate; to purify by exposure to air”
- To create an upward current to expose the bottom water to oxygen
Benefits of Aeration
- Toxic gases from the bottom (hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide and methane) are vented from the water to the atmosphere
- Rate of decomposition of fish feces and plant debris is increased 30 fold
- Reduces the rate of sedimentation at the pond bottom
- Algae causing phosphorous is greatly reduced
- Safe – no hazards to boaters or swimmers
- Improved fish health, improved water quality, so livestock will drink more
- Improved water clarity – better weight gain for livestock, good quality water for household use
- Greatly reduces the risk of West Nile Virus
Have a Question?
Ask our Technical Support Team.
How to Purchase a Koenders Windmill
"Our pond brings a great deal of pleasure to me, thus I want to keep it algae and muck free especially in the hot summer months where pond water issues area more predominant. This year we had a very hot summer, extreme temperatures that got up into the high 80’s, low 90’s and with the use of Koender’s Nature’s Pond Conditioner and aeration windmill I was able to keep my pond algae and muck free. My goal has always been to prevent pond water issues from occurring as opposed to waiting until there is an issue."